Tuesday, June 4, 2013

grocery store ramblings...

one of the reasons i like working from home is that i can go to the grocery store over my break, and avoid the sunday funday madness.  i actually do this most tuesdays.  the weekdays have a different kind of crowd of the stay-at-home-mom and old people variety.  i kinda prefer it :)

i think central market must love me.  almost everytime i pull into the lot and circle around, almost immediately a car in a baller spot (like, the ones right next to the handicapped) pull out.  it's as if the gates of heaven are opening just for me.  it puts me in an even more awesome mood, and i just know the rest of the day will be stellar :)

it pisses me off when i see carts placed in the lawn or other places that they are not supposed to be.  people, walk the extra ten yards and put your cart where it should go.  this makes the cart-gatherers job more annoying than it probably already is.  be nice, do your part, spread the love.

i'm still waiting on alaska to send it's awesome salmon and halibut down to texas.  tick, tock, tick, tock.  it's not here yet :(.  my cute fish guy wasn't there this week.  that is a reason to gut out the madness of sundays at central market - fish guy is always there.  and this poses a question - how on earth do you pick up someone at the grocery store?  i see the cutest guys there, mostly my fish guy.  and it's not just at the grocery store - how do you pick up people other places that don't include consuming large amounts of alcohol?  central market?  barton springs?  inquiring minds want to know...

central market has stopped carrying the haagen dazs chocolate sorbet, and it makes me want to cry as my tears form a small sad puddle at my feet.  boo.

i buy flowers for myself every week, one for the vase on my kitchen table and the other for the vase on my coffee tables.  they just make me happy :)

i have found out the key to getting into a check out aisle.  at central market, people approach the row of check out aisles on the left side.  i have found that a lot of people don't stop at the few check outs closest to the left and don't walk further down.  i have found that if you do in fact walk all the way down, you can practically walk up and get checked out right away - even on sundays!!  it's a trick i've learned :)

speaking of the check out counter, i find it highly rude when people do not help bag their own groceries if there isn't a bagger present - this is especially rude when there is a line of people behind you and you  have a ton of groceries!  sometimes a person will just stand there, watching the checker ring in their loot, watching the groceries pile up toward the end, fiddling on their phone, or whatever the hell they may be doing.  and then will watch the checker bag their groceries after this jerk is done paying.  my checker praised me on my bagging abilities, and thanked me very much for bagging my own.  people, this little things means a lot to the checkers.  don't be a priss, and bag your own shit unless you're wrangling children or bleeding from the head.


it's true - i will break both of my arms carrying groceries up in one trip.  i don't normally buy a whole lot since it's just me and toby, but on my big grocery store trips i will take home quite a bit.  and i will not take more than one trip - i refuse.  and for some reason, when a neighbor offers help, i will refuse - i wanna do it myself for some reason or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment